+ Reply to Thread

Default My testimonial! :)

Assalamu Alaykum!

I am currently a 2nd year student of the program, just joined a few months ago, and Alhumdulillah I have learned so much already. I was searching for a "proper" Alimah course since the past 2 years. I had already done my first year with a graduate of Darul Uloom- Al Madania in Buffalo and covered about 8 or 9 books in a year, side by side. My teacher moved away so I started searching for another course.

After speaking to Mufti Sahib a few times regarding some grammer questions on a forums site, I noticed how easily I understood things because Mash'Allah he explained it so well. Then I came to know about the Shariah Program, at first I was hesitant in trying out an online program because I thought if I studied face to face with a teacher (like I was doing before), I would learn better and it would be more beneficial for me. But then I decided to give this a try and I joined the program and wow I was really wrong!

Masha'Allah I have no words for this program, Allah has truly blessed me by guiding me towards this and I am so greatful. Mufti Sahib is such an amazing teacher and even though our course is only a weekend course--there must be so much barakah in this course because even though we move at a moderate pace, we end up covering so much. That is to say, what I covered with the Buffalo curriculum (going 5 times a week for 4 hours each day) in one year, this course covered in 3 months (being a weekend course)! Subhan'Allah

Even though this class has currently finished thier first year, Masha'Allah I feel like they've already covered 2 years of the course in this past year.

Like Mufti Sahib said, this 2 year course covers everything you would learn in 3 years of an Alimah course.

I feel like I didn't learn as thoroughly in my madrassa as much as the students have learned in this course. Mufti Saheb goes into so much detail, and maddrassas usually leave those parts out when teaching.

Another thing I liked was that we start reading classical Arabic texts (without any vowels) after about 6 months into the course, whereas in a normal madrassa, that wouldn't start until 2nd or 3rd year.

I am just so thankful to Allah for showing me this course, and may he make it easy for all of us, and may it benefit us in this world and the next. Ameen.

Assalamu Alaykum,

I am a 2nd year student of the shariah program, and looking back over the months that have passed, I feel joining was the best decision I could have ever made.

For sisters, there are many courses available, but I have found that the level falls short of the level at which brothers are taught. This course, for me, was the first and only opportunity for a sister to really excel in the Arabic langauge. What I can get and have gained from this course I don't think any sister in the world can get it elsewhere and I am sure of it.

Having previously studied at many madaris, the pace and methodoligies used to teach the course are very unique and work well. This course is full of knowledge and is for serious students who have a goal in mind and are determined to achieve it.

One of the greatest things about the course, is without doubt the instructor, our respected Mufti Yusuf Mullan, who dedicates much of his time and efforts in delivering the course. Had it not been for his sincerity and care for the students, the course would never have been the success it is today. Allah grant him the best of both worlds. Ameen

(****I think it would be a good idea if a few others would write in this topic, I know it is not good to praise someone on their face, but praise can also be a means of encouragement and I really think we oue that to Mufti sb****)
    *Blog of notes on the Imam ibn Rajab Al-Hanbali's Compendium of Knowledge and Wisdom*

Assalamu alikum,

My name is Hefsa. I’m a second-year student with Shariah Program and I wanted to take a few minutes to share my experience learning Arabic over the past 2 years. As a mom of 3, I never imagined having the time to learn this beautiful language. When hearing about the classical method and flexible schedule at Shariah Program I decided to give it a try. Deep in my heart I knew I wanted to finally take time to understand the meaning of the Qur’an. The amount of information I have learned over the past year and a half is amazing. The details of Nahw and Sarf that we drilled down on precisely, prove to be so beneficial now that we are doing tafseer of Qur’anic verses. There has been live student-instructor interaction every week, which is incomparable to other online courses.
    The material is challenging, but the detailed explanations in the lectures by Mufti Yusuf, and helpful fellow classmates make the learning experience very effective.
    Now that I have come so far along in this course, I definitely recommend it to those individuals who desire to learn online. Through the interactive and collaborative method provided by the shariah program, one is able to gain the same knowledge at their convenience.

Asalamualaikum,
    I have just discovered this wonderful programme and although I am not a regular student yet because of my erratic net connection I am finding the classes extremely beneficial. I can only say that had I not discovered this programme I would have continued to harbor the misconception that I know the language ; going through the classes (audios as well as the slides) I realize how little I know and how weak my foundations would have remained had Allah not guided me to this programme. Since there are limited avenues for learning the language for females in our part of the world , I cannot thank Allah enough for giving me the opportunity to be a student (insha Allah) of the great teachers contributing so much so effectively. May Allah increase their knowledge each passing moment and fill their moments with barakaat and keep us forever under the shade of their duas.
    [I][FONT="Georgia"]whenever I jump into the ocean of sin
    the waves promptly toss me out
    Replying to my query for not being let in
    "somebody's duas for you", they unanimously shout[/FONT][/I][COLOR="#000000"][/COLOR]

Sister Faqirah i have the same issue with my internet connection.

It's very frustrating but keep trying!

The recordings and the forums are great avenues to sort out any issues you having with your studies.